Project Engineer - Las Vegas, Nevada
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer to join our Water/Wastewater service team in our Las Vegas, Nevada office. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years of diverse water/wastewater design experience. Candidates must have a willingness to perform a variety of tasks supporting various project types and project managers.
Work as a key member of a water/wastewater design team under the direction of various Project Managers.
Job duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Work with a team in the preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for projects of various size and complexity
• Prepare plan documents and supporting design calculations
• Prepare detailed construction drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Produce high quality work and implement and maintain quality assurance procedures
• Oversee the technical aspects of various projects
• Coordinate with other disciplines, support services and subconsultants
• Coordinate with government agencies, utility providers or other outside agencies
• Coordinate with Clients depending on project role.
• Identify applicable codes, standards or other design requirements
• Prepare technical specifications and cost estimates
• Perform field reviews and other assessments for use in design
• Participate in contract bidding, provide limited observation during construction, review submittals and RFIs
• Represent clients and firm in meetings with governmental agencies
• Develop and track milestones to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
• Make decisions independently in regard to various issues and methods
• Mentor, train and/or supervise the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel
• Prioritize and manage own workload and manage junior staff's work
• Ensures division, regional, and company values, policies and practices are consistently followed within the survey service.
• Lead by example – display solid judgment, good values, trust, honesty, openness, and professionalism.
• 5+ years of increasing responsibility in engineering
• Licensed Professional Civil Engineer (PE) in Nevada (or capable of obtaining within 6 months)
• Experience designing sanitary sewer pipelines, rehab and pump stations and/or designing potable water pipelines, storage and pumping.
• Open channel and/or pressure flow modeling and summary report production
Westwood Professional Services Inc. (Westwood) was established in 1972 and has since become a leader in many markets it serves. Westwood is a full-service, multi-discipline professional engineering firm that serves wind, solar, battery storage, EV, power delivery, residential and commercial development, and public infrastructure clients and their projects from over 25 offices across the U.S.
In 2023, Zweig Group ranked Westwood nationally at #12 and #30, respectively on its Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work for lists. Zweig also awarded Westwood two national 2nd place awards for Marketing Excellence. Westwood was recently recognized as #79 in the ENR Top 500 Firms in 2023. The firm consistently ranks on industry top 25 lists and receives recognition for its involvement on award-winning projects nationwide.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.