Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Civil Graduate Engineer, Land Division- Englewood, CO
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Civil Graduate Engineer to join our Land Development team in our Englewood, CO office. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients. A Graduate Engineer I is expected to work on a team providing support to a licensed Civil Engineer while learning the company’s standard practices and local agency codes. A large amount of time will be dedicated to becoming proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D. In pursuit of a Professional Engineering license, the applicant needs to be organized, self-motivated, and possess the ability to collaboratively solve complex issues on time and within budget
A Civil Graduate Engineer is expected to work on a team providing support to a licensed Civil Engineer while learning the company’s standard practices and local agency codes. A large amount of time will be dedicated to becoming proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D. Pursuit of a Professional Engineering license is encouraged, and the desired applicant should be organized, self-motivated, and possess the ability to collaboratively solve complex issues on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will possess an ambition in learning the fundamentals of civil engineering design as well as Westwood’s design, computer, and general office standards while working under the mentorship of a professional engineer.
• Prepare various exhibits and design drawings using AutoCAD Civil3D
• Coordination with agency staff and internal support teams on designs, analysis, and issues
• Preparation of entitlement documents in support of Tentative Maps, Vacations, Zone Changes, Entitlements, etc.
• Calculation of quantities using Microsoft Excel and justification letters using Microsoft Word
• Assist with construction drawings using AutoCAD Civil3D including grading plans; plan and profiles; construction details; storm drain, water and sewer facilities; signage and striping plans
• Outgoing, friendly, approachable (team player)
• Strong communication skills with team members and clients, demonstrates active listening techniques
• Proficient in computer software (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Civil3D, Outlook, Microsoft Project)
• Competent technical skills required to complete engineering tasks
• Able to proactively pursue design solutions
• Ability to be open to other's ideas and willing to compromise
• Detail-oriented but also flexible enough to be big picture/conceptual
• Able to compromise and accept other’s ideas
• Good reputation amongst peers, clients, and agencies
• Able to follow general directions and guidelines for the firm’s policies, practices, and procedures
• A supportive team member with the ability to work both independently and within a collaborative environment
Westwood Professional Services Inc. (Westwood) was established in 1972 and has since become a leader in many of the markets it serves. Westwood is a full-service, multidiscipline professional engineering firm and serves wind, solar, power delivery, residential and commercial development, and public infrastructure clients and their projects from multiple offices across the U.S.
In 2021, Zweig Group ranked Westwood nationally at # 4 and #21 respectively on its Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work for lists. Zweig also awarded Westwood two national 2nd place awards for Marketing Excellence. Westwood also ranked consistently higher four years in a row on the Engineering News Record (ENR) list as a leading design firm in the country. The firm consistently ranks on industry top 25 lists and receives recognition for its involvement on award-wining projects nationwide.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Software Powered by iCIMS