Distribution Engineering Technician - Service
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Distribution Engineering Technician to join our team. The Power Distribution Engineering Technician will be responsible for conducting field inspections and performing assignments associated with the design and engineering of overhead and underground facilities of various voltage levels. The Power Distribution Engineering Technician ensures compliance with client procedures, design standards, state and federal regulatory requirements and safety code requirements. They will execute projects under the lead of a Supervising Engineer and at times, will work closely with engineers performing other distribution, transmission, substation, renewable energy, power storage, and communication design.
• Work under the lead of a Supervising Engineer with a team of other Engineering Technicians to complete projects for multiple clients across the U.S.
• Willingness to travel to project sites, as necessary, to interface with clients, gather data, perform inspections, and return to the office to perform engineering design work.
• Perform certain aspects of Power Delivery Design, (One-Calls, DOT and municipality permitting, right-of-way requests, procurement assistance, and lower-level design activities.)
• Develop an understanding of each deliverable necessary for the project at hand. Including, but not limited to, construction plan drawings, work location notes, bill of materials and permitting/ROW documentation.
• Be involved in internal/external reviews of designs completed prior to final submission.
• High School Diploma/ GED equivalent
• Proficiency in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
• Detail oriented with good written and verbal communication skills.
• Professional disposition and the ability to be open-minded when it comes to planning and execution of assigned projects.
• Must be able to effectively manage a significant number of projects while maintaining work product quality, consistency, accuracy, and reliability.
Westwood Professional Services Inc. (Westwood) was established in 1972 and has since become a leader in many of the markets it serves. Westwood is a full-service, multidiscipline professional engineering firm and serves wind, solar, power delivery, residential and commercial development, and public infrastructure clients and their projects from multiple offices across the U.S.
In 2021, Zweig Group ranked Westwood nationally at # 4 and #21 respectively on its Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work for lists. Zweig also awarded Westwood two national 2nd place awards for Marketing Excellence. Westwood also ranked consistently higher four years in a row on the Engineering News Record (ENR) list as a leading design firm in the country. The firm consistently ranks on industry top 25 lists and receives recognition for its involvement on award-wining projects nationwide.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Software Powered by iCIMS