SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking to hire a Senior Application Developer to join our team in our Minnetonka, MN. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients. This position is responsible for the timely delivery of technical support and development solutions for Westwood’s Enterprise Applications in close collaboration and interaction with business users while ensuring the applications bring the expected business value and are in alignment with business strategies.
• Monitor vital enterprise systems, regularly reports status, and assists with capacity and demand management planning
• Develop SQL queries for reports, ad hoc functions, ETLs
• Subject matter expert for Deltek Vantagepoint
• Develop and support PowerShell scripts and in house applications to support integrations
• Identify and resolve bugs and issues across a spectrum of Enterprise Applications utilizing effective troubleshooting skills
• Provide feedback to assist with design, transition, and operations phases of service lifecycle
• Assist with project and task coordination
• Installation and configuration of Enterprise software in accordance with developed processes and procedures
• Provide in depth support for developing and assisting users in running and interpreting reports
• Work with vendors for support, configuration, development, and licensing needs
• Develop documentation for new processes and procedures ensuring documentation is accurate and up to date
• Assist with the administration of production and development SQL and application servers
• Research new technologies and solutions
• Develop and display proficiency in technologies utilized by Westwood
• Consistently manage installation and configuration of software solutions
• Ensure that vital business systems are available in accordance with established SLAs
• Provide weekly status reports relating to system uptime, performance, and integrity
• Consistently provide input to Enterprise Applications Manager to drive service enhancements
Westwood Professional Services Inc. (Westwood) was established in 1972 and has since become a leader in many markets it serves. Westwood is a full-service, multi-discipline professional engineering firm that serves wind, solar, power delivery, residential and commercial development, and public infrastructure clients and their projects from multiple offices across the U.S.
In 2023, Zweig Group ranked Westwood nationally at #12 and #30, respectively on its Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work for lists. Zweig also awarded Westwood two national 2nd place awards for Marketing Excellence. Westwood was recently recognized as #79 in the ENR Top 500 Firms in 2023. The firm consistently ranks on industry top 25 lists and receives recognition for its involvement on award-winning projects nationwide.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.